Peppery (and bitterness) in extra virgin olive oil are positive features. In fact, the more intensely peppery and bitter they are, the more healthy polyphenols they contain.
Olive Oil Matching
Try the naturally peppery and creamy Olivo Tuscan Estate or a good Hojiblanca in this restyled recipe of a Sunday brunch favourite with a halo of extra virgin goodness.
How to make this
Makes 15 x 40ml glasses
- Roasted Tomatoes made with EVOO (recipe below)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1⁄2 tsp Habanero Sauce (or hot sauce or your choosing, to taste)
- 1⁄2 tsp Wasabi Powder (to taste)
- Juice of 1⁄2 large Lemon
- Juice of 1 small Lime
- More EVOO for drizzle when serving
Pour mixture over ice or on its own. Drizzle EVOO in each glass, enough to cover the surface. Garnish with sprigs of Rosemary.
• 500g of halved Cherry Tomatoes
• 3 tablespoons of EVOO
• Salt and Pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients well-tossed in baking dish. Roast at 100C for about 15 mins until cooked through - leave to cool before blending.