Peppery (and bitterness) in extra virgin olive oil are positive features. In fact, the more intensely peppery and bitter they are, the more healthy polyphenols they contain.
Olive Oil Matching
Try the naturally peppery and creamy Olivo Tuscan Estate in this restyled recipe of a Sunday brunch favourite with a halo of extra virgin goodness.
How to make this
- 1 cup Roasted Tomatoes made with Olivo Tuscan Estate (recipe below)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1⁄4 tsp Habanero Sauce (or hot sauce or your choosing, to taste)
- 1⁄4 tsp Wasabi Powder (to taste)
- Juice of 1⁄4 large Lemon
- Juice of 1⁄2 small Lime
Dip rim of chilled glass in Olivo Tuscan EVOO and coat with fine sea or pink salt.
Pour mixture over ice and garnish with sprig of Rosemary.
Also delicious with 1 oz of Vodka. Recipe makes one glass.
Tip – make sure the glass and dipping olive oil are well-chilled to prevent it running down sides.
• 1 pound of halved Cherry Tomatoes
• 2 tablespoons of Olivo Tuscan EVOO
• Salt and Pepper to taste
Roast at 100 C for about 15 mins until cooked through - leave to cool before blending
Variations - add two finely chopped cloves of garlic for a savoury beverage